Eclipse Locator

Post here for assistance in troubleshooting a problem using GMAT

Eclipse Locator

Postby EJW » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi,

I have seen in the 2012a Release notes that an Eclipse Locator tool may be available. I would like to use it, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is available for use, and if available how do I use it?

Thank you, EJW
EJW

Re: Eclipse Locator

Postby jjkparker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi EJW!

We do not currently have event location built into GMAT (it's very alpha - you wouldn't want to use it), but you do have a couple options:

• For simple problems, you can code a shadow function into your script. This would work for things like "at each periapsis, am I in shadow?".
  • For actual eclipse times and durations, export a CCSDS-OEM or SPK ephemeris from GMAT, then import them into STK. Then, use STK to generate the eclipse report. STK 10 is free, and includes this capability for two-body propagations.

We have an event location prototype in MATLAB, but it hasn't been released yet. If that's of interest, we could probably start discussions about releasing that, but that's more of a long-term answer.

Joel
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Postby EJW » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am very new to GMAT and have some experience in using STK in the past, though currently do not have access to it any more. I am quite happy to hear that STK 10 is free. I'm currently trying to decide whether GMAT or STK would be more appropriate for use for my work, and I will keep all three options that you have mentioned in mind.

I may be in contact again later next week!

Thanks again,
EJW
EJW

Postby BrookeGrenda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:22 am

There are a lot of things that help us to assist in various types of works. Therefore many of the users focus on to do my homework australia that will help them in all the circumstances so that they can grab more.
BrookeGrenda

Return to Troubleshooting