Changing the Variable Setup on Vary Command

Post here for assistance in troubleshooting a problem using GMAT

Changing the Variable Setup on Vary Command

Postby wilsonri » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:19 pm

Hello,

I am running GMAT on Mac OS X 10.5.6 and when I go into the vary command in the mission sequence I am not able to open the view button to change the variable also all the fields in the variable setup section seems to be grayed out. I have attached a picture of what it is that I see. I was wondering how am I suppose to change the variable.
vary.tiff
vary.tiff (55.67 KiB) Viewed 4054 times

Thanks,
Renee
wilsonri

Re: Changing the Variable Setup on Vary Command

Postby space_egd » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:55 pm

Hello Renee,

Thanks for posting onto the GMAT forum.

I can partially reproduce the image you uploaded with the GMAT 9/30/2008 Mac version of GMAT.

Which version of GMAT are you using? I am currently testing on a Mac OS X 10.5.5 machine.

I performed the following actions but could only partially reproduce your uploaded image:
- Open a new session of GMAT
- Navigate to the Mission Tab
- Control+mouse click on Propagate1 and select Insert After -> Target
- Control+mouse click on Target1 and select Insert After -> Vary
- Double mouse click on Vary1 to open up the Vary properties panel

Here are my observations of the panel I have in front of me:
- Solver drop down list is selectable and displays the current list of DCs. (Status:OK)
- View button is not greyed out but is unclickable. (Status:Bug)
- Variable text field is uneditable and unselectable. (Status:OK)
- Initial Value, Perturbation, Lower, Upper, and Max Step text box input fields are not selectable by the mouse. (Status:Bug)
- Additive Scale Factor and Multiplicative Scale Factor text box input fields are selectable by the mouse. (Status:OK)
- Initial Value, Perturbation, Lower, Upper, Max Step, Additive Scale Factor, and Multiplicative Scale Factor are selectable by hitting the Tab or Shift+Tab shortcut keys. (Status:OK)
- Solver drop down list, Variable text box field, View button, OK button, Cancel button, Show Script button, and Command Summary button are not selectable by hitting the Tab or Shift+Tab shortcut keys. (Status:Bug)

The GUI for the Mac and Linux builds have not undergone thorough testing and will have similar issues in several panels. This is a large reason why the Mac and Linux versions are still being labeled as alpha versions. For the time being, whenever I run GMAT on the Mac I only modify a script and then Build & Run from the GUI. You could also replace the Vary command and other commands/objects that don't allow you to set values with a Script Event.

For example, in this Vary case you could do the following:
- Open a new session of GMAT
- Navigate to the Mission Tab
- Control+mouse click on Propagate1 and select Insert After -> Target
- Control+mouse click on Target1 and select Insert After -> Vary
- Double mouse click on Vary1 to open up the Vary properties panel
- Click the Show Script button and copy all of the contents
- Close out the Show Script panel and Vary panel
- Control+mouse click on Vary1 and select Insert After -> ScriptEvent
- Double mouse click on BeginScript1 to open up the ScriptEvent properties panel
- In between the BeginScript and EndScript text paste the contents from the Vary Show Script
- Edit the values you want changed
- Delete the Vary1 command
space_egd

Re: Changing the Variable Setup on Vary Command

Postby dev-wcs » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:59 pm

There is a known problem we have using the wxStaticBoxSizer on the Mac. We must have missed this problem on this particular part of the Vary Panel. It will be fixed in the next release.

Wendy
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Views expressed are my own and
do not necessarily reflect those
of my employer, or anyone else.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
dev-wcs

Return to Troubleshooting