What does this error message mean?

Post here for assistance in troubleshooting a problem using GMAT

What does this error message mean?

Postby hfranz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:03 am

After setting up the Mars B-plane mission as described in the Wiki tutorial, I get the following message when trying to run it:

GMAT ERROR
Error: Sandbox Exception: Error initializing objects in Sandbox.

Can someone please elaborate on the probable cause of such an error? Is it a system issue or more likely a script error?
hfranz

Re: What does this error message mean?

Postby space_egd » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:11 pm

Can you attach the script you generated from the Mars B-Plane tutorial in a Forum post? I'll be able to troubleshoot the problem if I have the script in question.

This a generic error message letting the user know that an object wasn't properly configured.
It could mean many things but I got this message the most when I had a syntax error or I tried to perform a command mode action in resource mode (For example, using in-line math while I was still creating objects.)
space_egd

Postby hfranz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:46 pm

I fixed a script error and got past that first error message. Now it makes it through the MCC targeting, but fails on the mars B-plane targeting. The error message now is:

RVector error: Vector is a zero vector from Rvector3::GetUnitVector(). Mission run failed.

I've looked through the script and don't see any obvious errors, but with your GMAT experience you may be able to spot it right away.

I tried to attach the script to this post, so let me know if it doesn't work.
Attachments
Mars.script
(13.03 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
hfranz

Postby space_egd » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:20 pm

The Mars B-Plane tutorial had an incorrect setting for the ECC value in the Mission Description section.
Was 0.01 but should have been 0.1. I fixed the tutorial.

When that is changed, your script runs fine.
space_egd

Return to Troubleshooting