GMAT unable to load and find certain files

Post here for assistance in troubleshooting a problem using GMAT

GMAT unable to load and find certain files

Postby Or Rivlin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:30 pm

I installed GMAT R2015a on windows 7 and when I started the program an error message appeared on the bottom of the screen: "*** Unable to load the dynamic library "..\plugins\libPythonInterface".
I proceeded to try and use the program and after running my mission I got the following error message: " *** WARNING *** The model file 'aura.3ds' does not exist. Please check the path."
Both files exist in their respective directories. If I ignore those errors I get partial graphic visualization with earth missing and orbit curves being black as well. Non of the stars or constellations appear in the background.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Or Rivlin

Re: GMAT unable to load and find certain files

Postby jjkparker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:20 am

Hi, it sounds like there are two different issues going on:

• For libPythonInterface, that plugin won't load unless you configure Python in a certain way - see http://gmat.sourceforge.net/docs/R2015a/html/PythonInterface.html. If you don't want to use the plugin, just comment out the appropriate PLUGIN line near the top of your GMAT\bin\gmat_startup_file.txt file.
  • For the aura.3ds issue, that's usually indicative of some sort of memory problem. Does it happen sporadically, or every time you start GMAT? Is it always the same message?
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Re: GMAT unable to load and find certain files

Postby Or Rivlin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:33 pm

I resolved the issue with Python but the aura.3ds problem still crops up when I run a simulation and the graphics problems still occur. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Or Rivlin

Return to Troubleshooting