GMAT GUI Automation

MATLAB interface, C API, using plugins, other interfaces

GMAT GUI Automation

Postby wclifton3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:43 am

Hello,

I'm attempting to wrap GMAT using python. I'm successfully able to run GMAT and load a script, however, I'm trying to figure out a few things:

1) Is there a way to close the GMAT after a script has finished? (In GMAT not python)
2) Is there a way to run GMAT without the GUI (or possibly in batch)?
wclifton3

Re: GMAT GUI Automation

Postby jjkparker » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi, thanks for the questions.

1. We do have some command-line arguments. You'll want to do something like:
    GMAT.exe --exit --minimize --run <scriptname>
  2. We don't provide a console-only version of GMAT, though I suspect we will sometime in the next couple releases. If you're willing to compile it from scratch, there's a GmatConsole project available in the Visual Studio files (or Makefiles) that will build the console version. See the Compiling GMAT wiki page for info.

Let us know how the Python thing goes!
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Postby hornig » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi,

wclifton3 wrote:2) Is there a way to run GMAT without the GUI (or possibly in batch)?

I would be REALLY interested in this! If/when this is possible, I would use it and wrap GMAT into an application for my distributed computing platform Constellation. I would then implement some needed stuff for DC like batch processing a bunch of workunits in a row or changing starting parameters and feeding it in the script and then it would be perfect to run on 10,000+ computers world wide.
And I would give GMAT users access to create workunits and put them into the network via webinterface and providing the results when they are returned.

www.aerospaceresearch.net/constellation

Andreas
hornig

Postby jjkparker » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:26 pm

You can do this already with the GUI client using the command-line parameters above.

We do have a GmatConsole version that doesn't include the GUI, but we don't build it regularly. See the GmatVS2010 Visual Studio solution.
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Return to External Interfaces and Plugins