Propagator Failed to take a good final step

Spacecraft, Thruster, Tank, Propagator, CoordinateSystem, etc.

Propagator Failed to take a good final step

Postby ebriere » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi!

I am writing a program to simulate launching a microprobe from the EML1 point to flyby within 1 km of an asteroid whose orbit I imported. I am using the 2012 FS35 asteroid. A Target sequence varies a finite burn in the V, N and B directions, while trying to achieve RMAG (with respect to the Asteroid) of less than 1 km. I have made the step sizes very small, and have played with the propagator settings, but eventually whenever the SC gets close to reaching the target it fails with the following error:

Command Exception: In Propagate:: TakeAStep, Propagator Default Prop GMAT: Failed to take a good final step

If I manually monitor this process throughout the course of about 24 hours and adjust the Vary step sizes and propagator initial step sizes accordingly, I can get this to work, but I was hoping to put hte Target sequence in a loop that will take a long time to run and I don't want to have to monitor it. Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks so much!

Emily,

NASA Ames
ebriere

Re: Propagator Failed to take a good final step

Postby jjkparker » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:23 am

Hi Emily, yes, I believe this should work for you without as much monitoring. It would help if you send the script you're using, so we can duplicate the error. If you consider it private, you can try emailing it to me (or sending via PM) instead of posting it here.

Joel
(see profile for email link)
Joel J. K. Parker
Flight dynamics engineer, GMAT team
http://gmatcentral.org
jjkparker

Re: Propagator Failed to take a good final step

Postby angel10 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:07 am

apollo 13.........
angel10

Return to GMAT Resources